We’re known as the city that gave 2-Tone Music to the world, and our love of music continues to grow with a mix of local, breaking and established bands and artists. So, you can be sure that music is a huge part of our City of Culture celebrations. Here are a few ideas guaranteed to hit some high notes.
1. Put your dancing shoes on for Terry Hall Presents Home Sessions, curated by the iconic lead singer of The Specials.
2. Add your voice in spreading messages of peace and unity during CVX Festival which features live performances from Coventry-born rapper Jay1.
3. Visit the Coventry Music Museum where you’ll also have a chance to try your hand at composing your own music.
4. Check out the 2-Tone: Lives & Legacies, the first-ever major exhibition in the UK devoted to the 2-Tone music sensation, at the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum.
5. Experience the wonderful evocation of Coventry’s coolest era at the 2-Tone Village.
6. Visiting between 1 July and mid-October? Don’t miss the festival vibe at Assembly Festival Garden, the centrepiece of City of Culture events, including cabaret, circus events, comedy and children’s shows.
Check out what's on