We may collect the following information from you when you join our mailing list, enter a competition, book a ticket or buy other items from us, use our website, download and use our Loyalty App, make a donation, attend an event, participate in an activity, provide us with feedback on our activities, visit our website or premises, or contact us with an enquiry.
- Postal Address
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Billing / payment information
- Ticketing and/or donation history
- Communications preferences
- Surveys Feedback on our activities (which may include sensitive data*)
- Customer service history
- Access requirements (which may include sensitive data*)
- Allergies and dietary requirements
- Any other information you provide to us by email, letter, telephone, social media, via our website or in person
- Photographs and/or video footage of attenders
- Information about your device and how you use our websites and apps
- Location information (for Loyalty App)
- CCTV footage for the security of property and individuals in and around the Festival Hub
This includes health information (if you provide us with this) such as access needs or allergies. In feedback or on surveys, we may ask you to provide details of your protected characteristics for diversity monitoring purposes, and to complete our annual returns to the Arts Council and other public bodies. You will always have the option not to respond to any questions you do not wish to answer. Where we obtain data for children, this is only recorded with explicit parental .
Online and digital information
We use some online tracking and analysis services, such as Google Analytics, to find out how our website is being used, which activities are working best, and how we can improve our customer experience online.
Like most websites, we receive and store certain details whenever you use the City of Culture or City of Culture Tickets (in partnership with The Ticket Factory) websites. This includes information you give us when you browse our websites or apps, including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as how you use our websites and apps.
We use “cookies” help us make our site – and the way you might use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you and enable online transactions. It also helps us understand how you use our website, where we can make improvements and how best to tell our audiences about events they might be interested in, through recommendations on our own site, or adverts elsewhere on the internet
We keep a record of the communications we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open electronic communications so that we can ensure we are sending you the most relevant information.
We use social media to provide updates on our activities, to promote events and projects or to communicate with you about the activities in which you are involved. We may tailor adverts on social media and elsewhere online relevant to your interests. Depending on your own privacy settings with each social media provider, you can control the City of Culture’s permission to access information via social media platforms.
Our app will capture data about your location and the activities you engage with.
The Coventry City of Culture 2021 evaluation is being undertaken by Coventry City of Culture Trust and our research partners, the University of Warwick and Coventry University. The purpose of the evaluation is to help Coventry City of Culture Trust to plan future events and for us to demonstrate the impact of our work. Your views and experiences will contribute to the evidence that Coventry City of Culture Trust are collecting as part of this evaluation and will help to identify initiatives and/or improvements to upcoming/future activity.
If you take part in a survey marked confidential, we will not record your name, or anything that would make you personally identifiable with your answers or in any outputs from the evaluation. We will ensure that data (such as quotes) in any publications are anonymised. All participants will be given a pseudonym for the purposes of reporting, and any identifying information will be removed to ensure confidentiality. For certain projects evaluation responses will be attached to an individual, this will only be done with the full consent of the individual, who will have the right to withdraw there consent at any time.
Data from third parties
We may also obtain or collect personal information about you from other third-party sources, for example:
- As any tickets purchased are processed by our Ticketing Partner, The Ticket Factory, if you book a ticket for a City of Culture event your data is passed to us as the ‘data controller’ in order for us to provide you with information as outlined above
- If we engage external suppliers for photography and video capture
- Publicly available information, such as information found in places such as Companies House, your biography on your work website or information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
- From members of our Board of Trustees, Executive Board and other Committees, for example if they ask us to invite you to an event
- If you have donated to us via an online fundraising platform and given your consent, they will pass your details onto us