Coventry has a long history of environmental activism and many green spaces to explore. With art and culture as a vehicle, we are daring to dream big and deliver an environmentally conscious City of Culture programme that reimagines a “Green Future”, supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
1. Relax, unwind and take time out to enjoy the numerous parks and beautiful gardens open to visitors all year round.
2. Be part of the world premiere to open Coventry’s new Heritage Park and an immersive experience by Marshmallow Laser Feast - Observations on Being - with the support of Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and Historic Coventry Trust.
3. Discover Coventry’s historic Canal Basin waterway at Random String, a four-day night time waterside festival that will bring light, music, installations and projections to the canal, as well as performances, workshops and online experiments.
4. Enjoy picturesque nature reserves, scenic woodland and serene picnic spots with open spaces, including the War Memorial Park, Coombe Abbey Park and Allesley Walled Garden.
5. Visiting between 1 July and mid-October? Don’t miss the festival vibe at Assembly Festival Garden, the centrepiece of City of Culture events, including cabaret, circus events, comedy and children’s shows.
Check out what's on