*You will be transferred to an external ticketing website.
Part of the Festival of Ideas.
Connecting Coventry, an Urban Psychology Summit
Join us for this innovative Summit aiming to see Coventry, its centre and its design through an emotional and psychological lens. This project explores the interface between people and place, assesses how that affects wellbeing, and what new thinking might be valuable for Coventry, other cities and their residents as they evolve to meet new challenges. The event is part of the Coventry Modern Programme led by Sabine Coady Schäbitz at Coventry University.
The event will present interim findings of research conducted by Chris Murray and Charles Landry, building on their recent book ‘Psychology & the City: the hidden dimension’.
The event will bring together leading international researchers, architects, urban planners and cultural leaders to reflect on the relationship between Coventry’s residents and its urban environment, and the implications for other places.
- Architect Elsie Owusu
- Social Psychiatrist Mindy Fullilove
- Psychologists Paula Reavey & Steve Brown
- Cognitive Neuroscientist Araceli Camargo
- Director, UK Council for Psychotherapy Sarah Niblock
- Director, Healthier Place-Making Julia Thrift
- Professor Ron Martin
- General Director, Bilbao Metropoli-30, Idoia Postigo
- Director, Transportation and Highways, Coventry City Council, Colin Knight
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, Fiona Wagstaffe
The summit will include time for questions and debate.
This event is recommended for ages 16+.